Rhinelander District Library Foundation, Inc.
The Rhinelander District Library Foundation has been the lifeblood of our library’s growth and development since the 1980’s. Originally known as the Friends of the Library, the Foundation raised $250,000 with it’s “Pete the Penny” campaign in the 1980’s to build the addition to the original Andrew Carnegie Library Building, built in 1903.
The Mission of the foundation is to raise private donations to provide monies for capital improvements or expansion of the library. Thus, our fundraising efforts cannot be applied to operating expenses. This means we can do nothing to alleviate occasional budgetary woes. The Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) organization.
The Foundation sponsors two annual campaigns:
- Spring Capital Fund Drive — these funds are dedicated to capital improvements. If there is no major project underway, the funds are deposited in the Foundation’s endowment fund.
- Ced Vig Holiday Book Fund – These funds are dedicated to buying books.
- Linda Davidson, President
- Linda Havel, Vice-president
- Ed Hughes, Treasurer
- Denise Zalewski, Secretary